Finals Are OVAH!
I’m so freakin’ relieved. Yesterday, as I was typing my last paper of the term, I had a craving for some sort of dippy food, to go with the fresh corn chips I got from TJ’s. I remembered this recipe for Cheeze Whiz from Tofu Mom. She used it for a mac ‘n’ cheese, which I’ll have to try, but I just blended it all up in my Cuisinart and then absentmindedly dunked chips into it as I typed. Next time I make this, I think I’ll add some chopped up jalapenos to make it even nacho-y-er.
- 1 (15.5oz or about 1 1/2 cups) can Great Northern Beans, rinsed well and drained
- 1/2 cup pimiento pieces, drained
- 6 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2-3 tablespoon tahini
- 1/2 teaspoon onion granules
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Whiz everything around and eat! Once it’s been chilled, it is firmer, but right after blending, it has a nice gooey/gloppy consistency.
Tonight I made some marinara sauce and pesto tofu ricotta for a lasagna, but it’s not been baked yet. Hopefully later I’ll remember to take a picture of the finished product!